Licensing and Credentialing Specialist
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
As Equip’s license and credentialing specialist, you will work closely with the clinical operations team to coordinate the licensing and credentialing program for Equip clinicians (i.e. MD, NP, RD, PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LMHC). With an eye for organization and detail, you will support department managers to obtain application information, follow through with submissions and status monitoring, and maintain a comprehensive database to track renewals across all license types. Similarly, you will coordinate applications related to credentialing with various organizations, as needed.
The best candidate for this position will have experience in healthcare licensing and credentialing, maintaining database systems, and have a passion for service-oriented work. Above all, you are someone who is motivated by the ultimate goal of expanding access to high quality, evidence-based treatments for eating disorders so that everyone can achieve lasting recovery.
What you will do:
- Support clinical operations and various internal departments to obtain current information for licensure and credentialing applications for Equip clinicians
- Track credentialing & licensing statuses and communicate risks as well as solutions to all impacted stakeholders
- Assist with license renewals, including DEA, state and compact renewals.
- Assist with federal and state healthcare program applications in line with Equip’s expansion strategy
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency on the team
- BA/BS degree or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist - National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS)
- In lieu of formal education, 10+ years of credentialing experience is required
- 1+ years healthcare administration experience, preferably in an outpatient clinic or ambulatory services setting
- Ability to manage the credentialing status of numerous providers across multiple disciplines
- Strong skills in communication and collaboration with diverse teams
- Organized and results-driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience with licensing in a tele-health setting
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.