Senior Engineer (Remote Position)
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll balance speed, quality and reliability to get the right solution deployed to our providers and clients today. You enjoy data modeling, fast product cycles, and you highly value robust testing.
As a senior engineer, you’ll own large parts of the software stack and take part in all engineering-related decisions. You love clean, scalable code, but you’re equally in love with scrappy, rapid iteration and feedback cycles. We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around data analytics, data pipelines, and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
What you will do:
- Define and implement features in our native and web applications to provide telehealth services to our patients
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Focus on code quality improvements using unit testing, code reviews, automated testing and continuous integration
- Evolve our team culture and processes through collaboration, participation in sprint rituals and retros, and mentorship.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 6+ years experience building scalable systems and backend services
- 6+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 6+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience with React
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
- You have a product mindset: you really care about customer outcomes and you want to build a product that fundamentally changes how digital care is delivered
- You’re comfortable working in a new, small team that is growing – you’ll need to be happy with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis
- You feel confident making trade-off decisions between moving quickly and getting products in the hands of our customers, versus building secure, scalable and resilient systems
Bonus if you have the following:
- Previous experience working in a health tech startup
- Experience as an early engineering hire in a startup environment
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission. Additionally, we are intentionally building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, Flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.