Lead Mobile Developer (Remote Position)
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
As a Lead Mobile Developer as part of the Technology team, you’ll apply your knowledge and expertise to supporting mobile applications using modern tools and technologies. In addition, you’ll work closely with Product, QA, and fellow developers to ensure implementation is to spec.
What you will do:
- Plan and execute complete life cycle for mobile application components based on functional requirements; considers device/OS capabilities and limitations, operating time and form of desired results
- Design, document, and implement an interactive, diagnostic, mobile application that combines react native and native code bases
- Work with project and product management to translate requirements into actionable Jira issues and effectively delegate them across the team
- Demonstrate proficiency in mobile application design, native SDK/API integration, and device interfaces across multiple operating systems
- Estimate work, prioritize tasks, track dependencies, report progress, highlight blockers
- Provide oversight through architecture design reviews as well as code reviews
- Establish best practices based on design patterns and mentor others
- Solve for security, stability, and performance
- Establish testing policies and procedures
- Be a Team player in an agile environment - Work as part of a team, contribute to and celebrate team’s success, collaborate with stakeholders towards the success of the product while delivering features in a continuous delivery model
- 8+ years experience designing/building/deploying mobile apps along the full software development life cycle and extensive experience applying code management principles
- Experience leading technical teams and decisions in building complex mobile applications
- Expertise coordinating with project management to effectively task out the team and communicate status outside the team
- Experience developing cross-platform mobile applications with React Native and TypeScript
- Display a strong attention to detail, a passion for quality, and the ability to translate UI/UX design into solid, high-performing code.
- Working knowledge of the general web application landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience working in healthcare-related industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field of study
- Familiarity with front-end testing frameworks
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.