Washington Telehealth Therapist
Equip is a startup on a mission to transform eating disorder treatment through Family-Based Treatment at home to promise lasting recovery. Equip provides each patient with a five-person dedicated care team including a dietitian, physician, therapist, family mentor, and peer mentor who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
Therapists are essential members of Equip's 5-person treatment team, working alongside a peer mentor, medical provider, dietitian and family mentor to help people recover from an eating disorder. Equip's therapists receive substantial initial training, along with weekly supervision, to learn how to help patients recover from their eating disorders.
What you will do:
- Provide evidence-based family, individual, and group therapy for eating disorders in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth) setting
- Implement family-based treatment (FBT) for patients with eating disorders and their loved ones
- Participate in initial and ongoing trainings
- Assess and diagnose mental health conditions
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary treatment team of physicians, dietitians, patient mentors, and family mentors, along with outside providers
- Utilize between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team through Equip’s EMR in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engage and collaborate in Treatment Team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
Providers will work with their supervisors to put together a schedule. Your time will be divided between:
- Team meetings: 2 hours per week
- Tuesdays 11am-Noon (PST) Treatment Team Meeting
- Thursdays 11am-Noon (PST) Group Supervision and Ongoing Training
- Individual supervision: 0.5-1hr/week
- Scheduled Clinic Time
- 70-80% of your Clinic Time is devoted to sessions with patients, which often occur during peak hours of 3pm-8pm weekdays (in the patient's timezone). You will work with your supervisor to set your Clinic Availability. There is also the option to work on Saturdays if that interests you.
- Unscheduled Flex Time
- 20-30% of your Clinic Time is unscheduled Flex Time to respond to between-session messages and schedule 15-minute check-ins with clients or hold unanticipated sessions.
- Have a conferred degree (e.g., MFT, LPC, LPCC, LMSW, LCSW, etc.) and/or a PsyD/PhD in clinical or counseling psychology
- Maintain an active license to practice in the state(s) that their patients reside and/or be willing to become licensed in other states (paid by Equip). We are also considering license-eligible therapists, who would be a great fit for Equip.
- Demonstrate a commitment to provision of excellent care, advancing clinical skills, and a passion for professional development
- Have experience implementing evidence-based treatments and hold a behavioral orientation towards mental health disorders
- Be curious, enjoy learning, and are eager to implement growth-oriented feedback
Bonus if you have the following:
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- 2 years of post-licensure experience
- Experience treating eating disorders
- Experience treating patients using Family-Based Treatment (FBT)
- Comfort and experience treating patients with emotion dysregulation, suicidal ideation, substance use, trauma, mood disorders, personality disorders, and/or substance use disorders using a behavioral, evidence-based approach
- Supervisory skills
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.