VP of Finance
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
As VP of Finance, you will have the unique opportunity to build Equip's Finance function as we enter into our new stage of growth. You will report to the Co-Founder and Chief Clinical Officer/Chief Operating Officer and work closely with the management team to build out our financial infrastructure. You will own Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), including budgeting & forecasting for annual operating plans as well as long-term forecasts, and partner with the executive team on equity and debt financing and managing our cash runway. In addition to FP&A, you will manage our accounting and revenue cycle functions and business operations, vendor management, and entity management. Finally, you will also support the business lines in decision-making for growth, as well as other ad hoc reporting and analyses. In this role, you will have a front row seat to a transformative company entering its new stage of growth.
What you will do:
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and planning cycles, including long-term forecasting
- Partner with executive team to develop and implement financing strategy and manage cash runway in accordance with growth goals and strategic objectives
- Partner proactively with our team leaders to provide financial and budgetary insights, as well as practical and consultative financial guidance to drive sound business decision-making
- Collaborate with members of the leadership team to analyze the business and financial impacts of strategic growth initiatives, conduct impact and ROI analyses to support prioritization of strategic initiatives across key areas of the business
- Drive continuous improvement of reporting and forecasting capabilities, including system automation where appropriate
- Develop key metrics to measure progress and performance against company goals
- Assist with the preparation of materials and participate in presentation to and liaison with Board of Directors
- Oversee accounting and revenue cycle management functions, ensuring high level of fidelity, efficiency, and cohesion across Equip’s entire finance function to achieve our financial goals
- Manage business operations making sure it creates financially responsible processes, contract management and external legal resources, and vendor management to ensure efficient contracting and utilization of third-party resources across the organization
- 10+ years of experience in a strategic finance role, FP&A/corporate finance role, investment banking or consulting
- Pre-IPO start-up experience strongly desired
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, expert-level proficiency in Excel
- Expert in financial modeling skills, including building complex financial models for valuation, forecasting or pricing strategies
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across all levels of management, and to work collaboratively and independently
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical and project management skills
- Effective at communicating complex topics written and verbally
Bonus if you have the following:
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Familiarity with FP&A tools, ERP systems, and BI and analytics tools preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment through insurance
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.