Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
We are looking for a Research Manager to join Equip’s Research team. The primary responsibility of the research manager is to lead operations of clinical and business related-research activities, be a liaison with other departments at Equip representing Research, and perform a variety of duties involved in the collection, documentation, analysis, and dissemination of outcomes from research studies.
The right person will have experience with overseeing or coordinating research studies and regulatory requirements, strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, experience developing research protocols, analytical skills, and a strong ability to collaborate cross functionally with many stakeholders. The ideal candidate is also comfortable working closely with the data science team, and comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you will do:
- Support the development and implementation of Equip’s research mission
- Design research protocols, and maintain participant level and study level documentation for all studies
- Oversee execution of studies, including screening, randomization, data collection, retention, evaluation, etc
- Develop and submit documentation for Institutional Review Board (IRB) review of all studies
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data for all studies
- Manage development of scientific publications, abstract submissions, and presentations for scientific and programmatic conferences
- Independently conduct literature searches and reviews
- Proactively suggest studies that Equip can do to answer specific research questions
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field
- 4+ years of experience in research coordination or management
- Experience managing research assistants and other research staff
- Strong skills in communication and collaboration with diverse teams
- Organized and results-driven
- Outstanding scientific and non-scientific writing skills
- Ability to balance successful independent work with team collaboration
Bonus if you have the following:
- Masters degree in a health-related field (e.g., public health, social work, nutrition)
- Experience with eating disorder research
- Experience using BI or statistical analysis tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, SPSS, R, etc.
- Previous experience working in a healthtech startup
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.