Frontend Developer (Remote Position)
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
As a Front-end Developer as part of the Technology team, you’ll apply your knowledge and expertise to supporting web applications using modern tools and technologies. The work involves refactoring, debugging and building out new features concerning our applications’ UI components and front-end architecture. In addition, you’ll work closely with Product, QA, and fellow developers to ensure implementation is to spec.
What you will do:
- Architect and develop web applications using modern web technologies and techniques with attention to usability and user experience
- Development of features including the low-level design, coding, testing, design documentation, delivery, troubleshooting and fixing
- Demonstrate full responsibility for accepted tasks and therefore demonstrate a high level of quality, speed, reliability, and efficiency
- Be a Team player in an agile environment - Work as part of a team, contribute to and celebrate team’s success, collaborate with stakeholders towards the success of the product while delivering features in a continuous delivery model
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-end developer, responsible for designing, delivering, and maintaining complex web applications
- Experience with Web product enhancements, Web product development, etc.
- Experience developing responsive, cross-browser web applications
- Troubleshooting and debugging UI code
- Practical experience building UI with React
- Interact with and make use of APIs and RESTful services to support front-end development
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about writing well tested applications
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum setting, including partnering with business analysts, other developers and testers, and implementing solutions related to creative process
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs and consuming Web Services
- Working knowledge of the general web application landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience working in healthcare-related industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field of study
- TypeScript coding experience
- Familiarity with front-end testing frameworks
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, Flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.