Senior Data Engineer (Remote Position)
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will help to grow our Data Services team focused on business intelligence, and play a leading role on our Analytics Infrastructure. You’ll architect, design and develop a foundational, strategic vision for how we can scale our data environment and make our data accessible and digestible for reporting and analysis across the company. You’ll collaborate with our Research team to manage and own our data warehouse used across the company to drive reporting and analysis.
What you will do:
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across the company, and define and execute on a roadmap to achieve that vision
- Design, architect, and maintain a data warehouse that supports a rapidly evolving product
- Define, document and socialize foundational aspects of our reporting and analytical data model
- Build and own the reporting pipelines that organize and structure of our data into digestible tables that empower analysis and reporting across the company
- Be a productive team member - produce elegant, readable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Focus on code quality improvements using unit testing, code reviews, automated testing and continuous integration
- Identify and recommend backend best practices and technology.
- Collaborate closely with product, research team and engineers to ensure our analytics infrastructure helps meet company goals and allows product development to move quickly
- Partner with research and engineering teams to ensure consistent, seamless tracking and measurement of key company and product metrics
- B.S.+ in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of professional experience with Back End Java development.
- Experience managing time sensitive projects
- Expert with Java/J2EE stack, Cosmos, Kafka, Azure/GCP/AWS cloud stack.
- Experience with Microservices, cloud technologies, PL/SQL, and cloud design patterns.
- Experience working with server-less technologies - AWS lambdas, API Gateways and SQS
- Experience designing and optimizing relational database models, and have used a relational database at scale
- Experience designing, architecting, and maintaining a data warehouse that seamlessly stitches together data from production databases and external APIs to serve teams of analysts
- Excellent ability to understand the needs of and collaborate with stakeholders in other functions
- Experience using and/or configuring Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Mode, Looker, et al.)
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience working in healthcare-related industry
- Managerial or Team Lead experience
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission. Additionally, we are intentionally building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, unlimited time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.