Strategy and Business Operations Associate (Remote Position)
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
The Strategy & Business Operations Associate will work on a wide-range of projects focused on driving growth and improving business performance. Reporting to the VP, Strategy, this role will work closely with leadership, focusing on areas such as owning special projects, providing analytical support, and defining key metrics. This role will help Equip make better, data-driven decisions and support the implementation and execution of the Strategy team’s most important initiatives.
As a Strategy & Business Operations Associate, you are a mix of analytical, strategic, and operational. You will collect, cleanse, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make and present actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations through to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, building a compelling business case, and making it happen.
What you will do:
- Execute strategic initiatives by conducting research, building data-driven models, presenting insights recommendations to leadership, and drive the initial implementation of those recommendations
- Support transformative corporate strategy and development decisions including new market entry, fundraising, and strategic partnerships
- Build and optimize processes and systems for 10x scale: you’ll help build efficiencies into our teams, processes, and systems to unlock Equip’s next phase of hypergrowth
- Analyze large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations for Equip
- Work closely with senior leadership and cross-functionally across Equip including finance, operations, clinical, marketing, and others
- 4+ years in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, and/or a similar high exposure strategy-related role at a quickly growing company
- BA/BS degree in analytical field (Business, Finance, etc.)
- Experience working with large datasets and diverse data (quantitative and qualitative; financial, operational, and competitive) to build models that deliver actionable insights
- Experience building ad-hoc business models and operational analyses from the ground up (Excel and Google Sheets)
- A bias towards action and an ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Experience framing problems and conducting research utilizing internal and external data sources; comfort working with imperfect information and data
- Exceptional organization, planning, prioritization, and time management capabilities
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, Flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.