HR Coordinator (Remote Position)
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
Our People Team is seeking a self-motivated, experienced HR Coordinator who thrives in a highly diverse, dynamic, start-up environment. We seek someone who has a passion for getting things done and who is committed to being a valuable resource to employees throughout Equip.
The ideal candidate has an amazing work ethic, knows that follow-thru is everything, has great attention to detail, and always takes ownership. This role will report to our VP, People and will provide an incredible opportunity to gain experience and visibility to the full range of HR and Recruiting in an exciting mission driven company.
What you will do:
- Manage the on-boarding/off-boarding process (including distribution and collection of new hire documentation, completion of I-9's, system updates, exit paperwork, etc)
- Process employee changes in systems and files (i.e. title changes, leaves of absence, terms, management changes)
- Educate employees on company policies and practices, respond to employee inquires timely and effectively
- Manage and track Leave of Absence process for multi-state leave plans
- Answer routine employee related inquiries, to include basic benefit, policy and procedure questions. Refers questions and situations to the VP as needed
- Handle the employment verification and unemployment process
- Help monitor employee engagement, engagement surveys and direct communication with employees; work with rest of the team to deliver improvements based upon the feedback
- Become a culture champion for Equip - assist in planning and organizing company events (bring ideas to the table to help maintain a close knit culture)
- Support the recruiting function (posting on job boards, schedule interviews, process background checks, other support as needed)
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal law
- Knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, COBRA and different types of leaves
- You deeply understand the importance of discretion and maintaining confidentiality, and you pride yourself in your ability to exercise good judgement
- You're a dynamic and relentlessly positive individual who is comfortable working in a high-paced environment
- You're passionate about people, and you believe that providing the best employee experience leads to a thriving work environment
- You tackle questions or concerns head-on, and work through them to achieve positive outcomes
- Wearing different hats don't faze you! You enjoy bouncing from one task to another, shifting your work in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
- You are detail-oriented and have strong written and communication skills; you adjust your style to meet the various needs of the team
- You're a motivated and fun-loving individual who loves planning events and building company culture
Bonus if you have the following:
- aPHR, PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus
- Experience in a startup or high growth company preferred
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and the mission to expand access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.