Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
The Product Owner will organize, prioritize and assess work for our engineering team. The Product Owner’s responsibilities include gathering feature requests, identifying business domains, determining process-centric epics, authoring right-sized stories that deliver business value, and coordinating sprints.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify and negotiate user needs and work with cross-functional teams to define & prioritize the scope of releases that deliver business value. Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out high-impact products that deliver significant value in-line with our company’s vision.
What you will do:
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Clinical and Business teams to incorporate feature requests into product roadmap & backlog
- Coordinate and participate in development activities including daily standups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, sprint planning, and other scrum ceremonies
- Answer technical questions from developers or others on the team to remove blockers and facilitate efficient development
- Set sprint goals and define sprint backlogs with the engineering teams
- Plan sprint striping and feature release milestones working with Product Management
- Defining and prioritizing non-functional requirements and automation needs
- Follow progress of work and address detail/information issues during sprints
- Interpret functional requirements and requests of end-users
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and feedback
- Keep track of industry trends and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- 2+ years of continuous experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Real-world experience of implementing and executing SCRUM using modern online tools
- Experience building web application, libraries, and/or frameworks focused on analytics, reporting and a customizable user experience
- Ability to define testable stories
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Great communication skills both internally and externally with an ability to negotiate
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
Bonus if you have the following:
- Agile certifications beneficial (e.g. CSM etc.).
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, Flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.