Telehealth Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners are essential members of Equip’s treatment team, working alongside a therapist, peer mentor, medical provider, dietitian and family mentor to help people recover from an eating disorder.
What you will do:
- Provide comprehensive assessments and diagnosis of eating disorders and co-occurring psychiatric conditions
- Implement medication treatment plans for eating disorders and co-occurring conditions in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth) setting
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary treatment team of physicians, dietitians, therapists, patient mentors, and family mentors, along with outside providers
- Utilize between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team through Equip’s EMR in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engage and collaborate in treatment team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
Providers will work with their supervisors to put together a schedule. Your time will be divided between:
- Team meetings: 2 hours per week
- Tuesdays 11am-Noon (PST) Treatment Team Meeting
- Tuesdays 10-11am (PST) Medical/Psychiatric Team Meeting
- Individual supervision: 0.5-1hr/week
- Scheduled Clinic Time
- 80% of your Clinic Time is devoted to sessions with patients, which often occur during peak hours of 3pm-8pm weekdays (in the patient's timezone). You will work with your supervisor to set your clinic availability. There is also the option to work on Saturdays if that interests you
- There is no call requirement; major and minor holidays are off without patient obligations
- Unscheduled Flex Time
- 20% of your Clinic Time is unscheduled Flex Time to respond to between-session messages or hold unanticipated session
- Board Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Maintain an active license to practice in the state(s) that their patients reside and/or be willing to become licensed in other states (paid by Equip)
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent evidence-based care, advancing clinical skills, and a passion for professional development
- Communicate effectively with patients and patients carers, and respond to messages within a timely manner
- Be curious, enjoy learning, and participate enthusiastically in a multidisciplinary team
Bonus if you have the following:
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- 1-2 years of clinical experience
- Experience treating patients with eating disorders
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist training from the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- Comfort and experience treating patients with emotion dysregulation, suicidal ideation, substance use, trauma, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personalIty disorders, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and substance use disorders
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.