VP of Patient Access
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
We are looking for a VP of Patient Access to build and lead Equip’s patient acquisition function. This role requires a systems thinker who is effective at testing, learning, and iterating quickly to build a scalable, diversified patient acquisition flywheel. They must have a passion for and experience with scaling multi-channel go-to-market operations, thinking creatively about referral relationships, and fostering the development of others.
What you will do:
- Create and refine cohesive patient acquisition strategy, understanding and optimizing funnel from inquiry to admission across a variety of channels
- Develop a scalable and repeatable strategy and execution plan for referrals from payors, independent providers, provider organizations, community organizations, and employers
- Analyze data and collaborate cross-functionally to develop deep understanding and sophisticated plan to optimize patient acquisition costs
- Set quarterly and annual acquisition goals and budgets for the organization, ensuring patient growth trajectory that enables Equip to hit its overall growth goals
- Prioritize and scale entirely new channels that generate patient inquiries, particularly in our hardest-to-reach demographics
- Partner with Marketing to create referral outreach and engagement campaigns to hit internal referral metrics
- 10+ years of experience in patient/member acquisition
- Successful track record in scaling a B2B2C healthcare business
- Passionate and highly skilled in data-driven analysis
- An experimental mindset: Analytical with a desire to launch, learn, and iterate to continually improve programs
- A strong leader with team-building experience, and a track record of attracting and retaining great talent
- Adaptable team player with outstanding communication skills and ability to work across various functional areas
- Strong relationship builder – interpersonal skills that enable partnership, drives enthusiasm, and supports strategic thinking.
- Exceptionally organized, thorough and detailed oriented, can drive deliverables to completion, self-starter with a solid track record
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, marketing or a related field
Bonus if you have the following:
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a startup or high growth company preferred
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment through insurance
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.